Archives

Baby Shower Clipart

Monday, June 18, 2007

When you throw a baby shower, it's really great to get a nice theme going. I find the easiest way to do this is to find some baby shower clipart that looks great, but isn't too complicated.

I take the clipart and then print it out in various sizes for how I want to use it. I can drop it off at the cake decorator's so that she can make me a cake with that pattern. Then, I email a copy to my husband's work so that he can print out a few copies in a larger format. These become cut outs that I place on the walls... almost like a logo.

There are so many ways to use it... print on a brown paper and you can wrap coffee cups, print on regular or colored paper and then use scrapbooking die cuts to fancy up the edges for a doily effect, or, resize the clipart to small, convert it to a gray and print a repeating pattern on the paper which can even be used to wrap small presents, or as placemats, even origami!

Some people might shy away from clipart because they don't think of it, or they think it's too much work. If you find the clipart in a clipart book that will be too much work and it won't look good because you'll have to use a photocopier to resize it and then the quality degrades.

The type of clipart that I use is important for all of the different effects that I'm creating. It needs to be a vector drawing for sure, as non-vector drawings are bitmaps that don't resize nicely... they'll just get all bumpy and not look good. Also, I'm drawn to simply line art because if it's too complex sometimes it doesn't look as good in the different sizes. It's also good if it's a single color, usually black, because then I can change it to whatever I want quite easily just using simple graphics software. Just remember, simple is better, is cleaner, and usually creates a more sophisicated look.

Baby shower clipart is easy to find and use. Just be creative!