Archives

The Best Book Party Ideas

Monday, May 7, 2007

My daughter recently turned 10 and I gave her a book as a gift because she is an avid reader. She asked me if we can throw a book party for her friends and I told her that we can do it and asked her as to how do we plan that because in order to materialize the thought we need to have the book party ideas. She told me that we can think on it and then we sat down together and started putting down the thoughts that we came up with, which you can simply call a brainstorming session. She told me that she has heard about it from one of her friends who had attended one such party.

This gave us a good start of jotting down the information. I was finding it hard to come up with any book party ideas and it was good that she had some knowledge on it. The first idea that we came up with was to select a book for the book party. The next one was to make themed invitation cards with the background of that book. Another very interesting thought was that we would involve the guests in a game and the winner of the game is going to win that book, which is the focus of our theme.

So far it was all nice but all that was going to require a whole lot of work that needs to be put in. I told her that I would not be able to do it alone and she told me that she is going to help me with everything, which I really appreciated. We then decided as to what are the different activities that we are going to add and jotted other book party ideas so as to document all the thoughts that we were coming up with. We worked on it for about four months off and on and finally in the fifth month we had a book party at home and it was really an incredible experience.